Tuesday, January 13, 2009

Digimon Adventure 01 - A Retrospective


Hey everyone. Six posts later I finally hear about this blog, despite my status as leader of the club. I think I'm getting too old for this. Haha.



I thought I'd start with a review, but I changed my mind and decided to do a retrospective. I recently had a nostalgia kick and decided to re-watch the entire first season of Digimon, also known as Digimon Adventure. For those of you way younger than myself, or just out of touch with Japanese culture, Digimon began as a virtual pet toy, later expanding into an entire franchise that compromises five seasons worth of anime. However, any fan knows the only good seasons were the first two. Ah, but I digress.

Digimon follows the adventures of seven kids from Odaibah, Japan who go from summer camp to a world filled with digital monsters. Although they initially search for a way home, their adventure gets them to save the world a few times, as well as develop as people. My favorite part is how fast paced the series is, as opposed to more popular series of today. (Eg, Naruto. Perfect example.)

For those of you looking for a dose of nostalgia, or something from "back in the day," I highly recommend Digimon. There's also the second season, which follows some years later after the first one, in case you like the first one. Currently watching the second one actually, and it's nice to get the story down again. It's amazing how much you forget over the years.

Well this has gone on for a while, so I'm out.
-Darrell

1 comment: